Char Siu Sauce is a key ingredient in Charlie Chan Chicken Pasta served at Yellow Cab in The Philippines.
Charlie Chan Chicken pasta recipe below:
- 500 g spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 whole chicken breast, cubed
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms,
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup boiling water (you can take regular water and then boil it, no need to get preboiled water)
- spring onions, chopped
- peanut oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce,
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp char siu sauce,
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Rehydrate shiitake mushrooms in 1 cup of boiling water for 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms from water then thinly slice them then set it aside, reserve the liquid.
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients together
- In a wok add peanut oil then sauté onions and garlic.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms then stir fry until chicken is cooked.
- Add in the cooked pasta in the wok, stir fry for a minute.
- Pour sauce add the peanuts, mix well then continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes. If it’s to dry add a bit of the mushroom water.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions then serve.
Sugar, water, salt, SOY beans, honey, maltose, modified corn starch, garlic, WHEAT flour, spices, acidifier: E260
Näringsinnehåll / 100 g
|Energy||1069 kJ / 255 kcal|
Wheat / Rye / Barley / Oats (gluten)